As a reseller, can I create custom Microsoft Office 365 CSP Direct products so that I can include other services and set different prices for provisioning by customers?
We first need to create and manage the custom Office 365 products.
From the Cloud Service Broker menu go to My Services > Microsoft Office 365 CSP Direct > Custom Products
You will enter the Custom Office 365 products screen. You will be presented with a list of existing Custom Products
To create a new Custom Product press Add Product
The user will now be required to complete the Add custom Office 365 product form
Enter the product information
- Name: Enter a product name
- Description: Enter a description of the product snd services to be sold
- Item code: Enter a unique item code that will be displayed in subscriptions, price lists, and reporting. The item code will be given a prefix of CM-01CUST-
Select the base product to be sold from the dropdown, use the Addons option to include additional services and products that are validated items against the base product. Multiple Addons can be chosen as part of the custom product.
Set pricing for the Custom product in the Price management section of the form
- Microsoft cost price: Pre-Populated field based on the Microsoft cost price for the base product and addons from the current Microsoft price list
- Microsoft recommended price: Pre-Populated field based on the Microsoft recommended sales price for the base product and addons from the current Microsoft price list
- Cost price: Field to be completed based on Microsoft cost price and also cost to the reseller of additional products or services included in the Custom product
- Recommended price: Field to be completed based on the recommended Microsoft sales price for the base product and addons and also the recommended sales price of additional products or services included in the Custom product
- Sales price: Field to be completed based on the reseller's sales price for the base product and addons and also the sales price of additional products or services included in the Custom product
To complete and make the Custom product available for provisioning press Create
Provisioning a Custom Product
Microsoft Office 365 CSP Direct custom products are provisioned in exactly the same way as other Office 365 products. Please refer to our guide to read how to provision Microsoft O365 products
When provisioning the Custom product they can be located. in the Category and Product group of the base product
Friendly names can also be included as part of the subscription of a Custom product and provisioning is available on a Monthly or Annual basis
Custom products can also be included in the Limited Product list
Custom Office 365 products should appear in the price list together with normal Microsoft Office 365 products. Price settings should work the same where prices can be updated and specific prices per organization can be set. Please refer to our guide on Price Management for more information.
Custom Office 365 products will appear as a normal Microsoft Office 365 product in the billing report. Break downs on Microsoft cycle fees will reflect the cycle fees for the subscription but with the custom price of the custom Office 365 product.
Watch the video below on how to set up a Custom Office 365 Product