When a customer buys a reserved instance, they purchase a specific amount of Azure resources at a fixed price for a pre-determined period. This model is called Microsoft Azure Reserved `Instances and helps customers save up to 72% of costs when compared to using the Pay As You Go (PAYG) plan. Brokers can now add Microsoft Azure Reserved Instances within the Cloudmore portal.
To manage Reserved Instances:
- From the homepage, click Organizations and select the applicable organization for which you want to manage Reserved Instances.
- Click Services from the left navigation pane and select Microsoft Azure.
- Click Reserved Instances. Note that you can allow your organization to manage the Reserved Instances by clicking the Allow organization to purchase button below:
- Click Add Reserved Instance to add a new one.
- Input the applicable filters and click Search for Reserved Instances. The list of available Reserved Instances displays below.
- Click Purchase next to the applicable Reserved Instance.
- In the Purchase Reserved Instance window, complete the Name, Purchase Order (PO) number, quantity, and payment frequency, and click Confirm purchase.
- Once the purchase is completed, it will be displayed under the Reserved Instances list. You can later click the Edit icon to make any further changes.
Learn more about managing Microsoft Azure subscriptions and pricing.